During my interactions with individuals, couples and families, I realized that each one of us bears emotional wounds on regular basis. It is amazing how most of us are quick at seeking treatment for physical ailments, but failed to do so for emotional pain & suffering.
Majority of us are not able to recognize emotional and psychological distress. We forget that, physical bruises are easier to treat, but emotional agony, leaves a long lasting scar, on one’s happiness, harmony and productivity.
There is an intersectionality between mental health issues and lack of emotional education. Many sink into depression, suffer with anxiety, or shut down, because they have suffered low self -esteem, or have developed negative self-image, compounded by self-limiting beliefs, I understand cultural aspect of both East and West side of the globe. Uniqueness of my work is the holistic lens I bring to my therapeutic work. This gives me an insight to provide culturally competent therapy.
My work is governed by anti-racism and anti-oppression framework.
Privacy and confidentiality are the core mandates of my practice.
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario, (CRPO)
- Ontario Association of Mental Health Professionals (OAMHP)
- Clinical Supervisor Certification, Adler School of Continuing Education
- Certified Clinical Traumatologist, Institute of Traumatology, Toronto Institute of Traumatology
- Bridge Training Programme for Internationally Trained Psychologists and Allied Mental Health Professionals, Mennonite New life Centre, Toronto
- Certificate in Brief Narrative Therapy, Windz Institute
- Certification in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, TAPE
- Post Graduate Diploma in counselling and behavior modification, Guru Jambeshwar University, 2012
- Master of Science (Psychology), Punjabi University, Patiala, India, 2004-06
- Bachelor of Arts, Panjab University, India, 2001-2004
On the side note: 📒
- I don’t only understand mental health issues by my education / training, I also have my lived experiences with stress, depression anxiety, trauma, & low self-esteem. (I healed myself and now helping others). ❤️🩹
- I am super happily married & proud mother of 2 amazing boys 👦🏻👦🏻
- I am an avid reader, love travelling, & have a very soft spot for chai (Indian tea) ☕️
- My personality is combination of optimism in sync with realism, fearless yet practical, straight forward yet compassionate. 👋
- Smile is my buddy; I can’t be without it 😊
- I am driven every day by beautifying as many lives as possible. 💓